Download the setup file for your operating system. The professional edition can directly be downloaded from the shop or the support area.
- Mongo Management Studio Professional Edition Windows
- Mongo Management Studio Professional Edition Mac
- Mongo Management Studio Professional Edition Linux
The Community edition can be downloaded from the Mongo Management Studio website.
Start the respective setup file and follow the installation instructions.
When installing the application in Mac there could be an error message that the application was not downloaded through the app store or is not from developers identified by Apple. Then please go to security preferences in the system settings. There you can allow the installation of the package or set the "Allow applications downloaded from:" to "Anywhere".
- Check if node.js is installed
- Install node.js if it's missing (we recommend baboonstack)
- Unpack the tar.gz file
Unpack the package for your system architecture
Install Mongo Management Studio as root
- Start Mongo Management Studio from the console
- Open the url in the browser: http://127.0.0.1:3333
- Optionally you can register the app as daemon: Registering the application as daemon under Linux
For updates of Mongo Management Studio simply perform a new installation and the existing version is replaced with the new version.